Recipe courtesy Jo Cooks.Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
What You Need (ingredients)
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 celery stalks, cut into fine strips
- 1 or 2 red chilies, seeded and cut into fine strips
- 1 green onion, cut into fine strips
- few strips of fresh ginger, cut into fine strips
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying).
What To Do (directions)
Using a sharp knife, thinly shred the chicken. In a bowl, mix together a pinch of salt, the egg white and the cornstarch. Stir in the chicken. Heat the oil in a preheated wok. Add the chicken and stir to separate the shreds. When the chicken turns white, remove with a strainer and drain. Keep warm. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the celery, chilies, green onion and ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken, remaining salt, sugar and white wine. Cook for 1 minute, then add the sesame oil and stir. Serve hot.